With RPG Elements - The Search Bar!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Ico, Shadow of the Colossus HD remake

So we finally have the official word on what the gaming community has known about for the last few months. Ico and SOTC are getting the HD remake treatment like God of War 1 and 2 and the Sly Cooper games had done to them. I for one can't be happier about this one.

I never had a chance to play Ico and I'm not into buying used games so I've never picked a copy up online or anything like that. Not wanting to miss the boat on SOTC I picked it up soon after release and was floored by it. I can't say anything about it here that hasn't already been said but the game is amazing and pushes the PS2 to it's limits. With the PS3 rerelease of these I'm hoping SOTC can be seen in all it's glory without the slowdown and lag the PS2 version had. And now I can have the chance to play Ico which as I said I never did but with this HD remake we're getting the European verison of the game which has more content than the US release so even people who have played Ico in the past can have a chance to see something new.

I'm not happy with all the remakes and reboots we're seeing in gaming in the last couple years as it just seems to be following suit with the movie and TV industry but this is a rerelease I approve of!

No comments:

Post a Comment