With RPG Elements - The Search Bar!

Friday, August 13, 2010

Goodbye Midway




The above image was tweeted by an employee of Midway today. Today was the last day the Midway office was open as the employees packed up to move on over to Warner Bros.

Regardless of recent output from Midway in the past they made some classic games. Everyone remembers Mortal Kombat, NBA Jam, NFL Blitz, Spy Hunter and all the other classic games Midway put their name to.

But how many people remember Satan's Hollow? You and your ship against the forces of hell. I thought the game was amazing when I played it as a kid. You actually fought the head of Satan, awesome!




Oh and I almost forgot freaking Hydro Thunder! I loved playing Hydro Thunder in the arcade it was a blast. It is definitely one of my favorite racing games in the arcade and I hardly ever touched racing games when I use to go to arcades. But if they had a Hydro Thunder machine I was down. Hearing the announcer call me crazy when I would choose the Razorback and then destroy whoever I was racing against with it.

Midway may of put out some not so stellar games in the last few years but I can say I'll miss the Midway of old. Sorry to see them go out like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment