With RPG Elements - The Search Bar!

Monday, August 16, 2010

Mortal Kombat Arcade Collection?!?

After my moment of silence here for Midway over the weekend I'm glad the first thing I'm writing about this week is more Mortal Kombat news.

CVG has the story here,

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=259982?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS


It looks like the rumored collection would include Mortal Kombat 1 and 2 plus the Ultimate Mortal Kombat. Ultimate Mortal Kombat was an enhanced version of MK3 with a lot of the characters that didn't make the cut in the original MK3.

The listing was put up on Shopto.net then taken down and according to CVG they were the second retailer to put it up but with no mention of the first one to do so.

I for one would love to see this come out. While we had version of MK2 and 3 on the PSN and XBLA they weren't the best ports. The PSN verison of MK2 was buggy as hell and to me the XBKA MK3 never felt right. If these are just basic arcade perfect versions with new shiny HD graphics then I am totally down to play this. Mortal Kombat 2 was the pinnacle of the series, while not all about the blood and gore the toning down of the violence in later games really hurt the core idea of the series.

I've been hearing some good things about the new Mortal Kombat that's coming out and I hope it's a return to the series roots in both gameplay and the amount of gore. Until then I hope to see this collection come out so we can all get ready to dive back into some Mortal Kombat.

No comments:

Post a Comment